Monday, March 17, 2008

Is Freddy Lutz a Democrat?

The following is the text of an email I received from Freddy Lutz concerning his party registration.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer your questions. I do not have a current “blogger” account, and therefore will respond via email.

For one, let me say that I did not (or did not intend to, if it was presented to you in that manner) refer to myself as the Chairperson of Catasauqua, but rather the Chairperson of the Planning Commission for the Borough of Catasauqua. I noticed several other minor typo's in the transcript posted on your website (as compared to the original letter I sent), but I’m guessing this was manually transcribed since I did not submit an electronic version, but the bulk of facts are accurate.

As far as my Party affiliation goes, I had registered as an Independent a number of years ago simply because I never considered myself a hard-line member of either principal political party. However, throughout the years I have found myself voting primarily in a manner consistent with many Democratic viewpoints, and intend on making this change formal not only for this potential appointment, but also so that I may voice my opinion in the upcoming primary election. As far as the rest of my qualifications go, I would agree with the fact that a simple resume or letter does not define any individual. I'm sure that all of the interested individuals, including myself, bring a unique set of talents to the table that should be considered in their own light. I trust the individuals responsible for ultimately selecting their candidate will base their decision on who they believe will best fill the vacant position.

I hope this satisfies your curiosity. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any other questions.

Regards,

Freddy Lutz

No comments: