Monday, March 10, 2008

Nancy Wilt Letter of Interest & Resume

Letter of Interest.
Please allow me this opportunity to inform you that I am sincerely interested in the District Three vacancy on the Lehigh County Board of Commissioners and would greatly appreciate you adding my name for consideration for this appointment.

Currently, I have the honor of serving as a Legislative Assistant and Office Administrator to State Senator Lisa M. Boscola. This position (which I have held for the past 13 years) has afforded me the opportunity to learn about the intricacies of government including the legislative process and the relationship between the state and local municipalities.

I am a homeowner in the 13th Ward of the City of Allentown, where I live with my husband and our three children. Furthermore, I am a life-long resident of Lehigh County and am quite proud of my record of commitment to our community. Please know that I am active in several community organizations, as well as my church.

It is my sincere goal to continue to contribute to the betterment of our county in order to provide the brightest possible future for my children and our future generations. Although Commissioner Derr will be truly missed, I am confident that I have the right experience, energy and judgment to ably complete his term.

Thank you for your consideration of this request. I truly look forward to the opportunity to discuss my interest in this appointment with you further. If you have any questions about my interest in this position, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Resume.

Objective:
To obtain a position that utilizes my strong organizational and communication skills in an environment of service to my community

Professional Experience:

Executive Assistant: State Senator Lisa M. Boscola (18th PA Senate District): Bethlehem, PA: 1998 to Present Responsibilities include generating and maintaining Senator's district schedule, overseeing daily operations of Bethlehem District Office, fielding of constituent telephone calls and working with constituent outreach projects, maintaining databases, maintaining office budget and completing appropriate expense vouchers. Additionally, this position requires strong written and oral communications skills, being detail oriented, the ability to work one on one as well as in a team environment and the ability to assess constituent cases and come to a satisfactory resolution.

Legislative Assistant and Office Administrator: State Representative Lisa M. Boscola (135th PA House District): Bethlehem, PA: 1995 to 1998

Responsibilities included generating responses for the Representative to incoming correspondence, fielding of constituent telephone calls, assessing constituent needs and working with the appropriate Commonwealth departments, maintaining Representative's schedule, maintaining of office budget, and supervision of interns

Canvass Director, Clean Water Action: Allentown, PA: 1994 to 1995

Responsibilities included recruitment, interviewing, training and supervision of staff, meeting fundraising goals, maintaining a budget, payroll, public speaking, understanding the legislative process and direct lobbying. Additionally, this position required strong written and oral communication skills, the ability to work on an individual basis, as well as with a group and solid organizational and time management skills

Field Manager and Canvasser, Clean Water Action: Allentown, PA: 1990 to 1994

Responsibilities included community education and fundraising regarding environmental legislation, meeting fundraising goals, training and supervision of staff and a thorough understanding of the political process

Education:

- Cedar Crest College, Allentown, PA: Majored in Communications: 1987 to 1990 Lehigh Carbon Community College, Schnecksville, PA: 1986-1987 Graduate, Emmaus High School, Emmaus, PA: 1985

Volunteer Experience:

Past Member of the Board of Directors: Coalition for Appropriate Transportation
Volunteer: Various electoral campaigns for state and national government; registering voters, phone banking and GOTV
Past Member: West Park Civic Association
Member: West Walnut Neighborhood Association
Member: Union Terrace Elementary School PTA

Computer Proficiency:

Microsoft 2000 Professional Office Suite; including Word, Excel, Access, Publisher and Power Point

No comments: